Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Pain in the...

I am knocked out with a pain in the... you know what.  The name of the monster is Sciatica.  It arrived,  with out notice.  I heard that is its nature ... it will go away on its own too with out proper good bye after oh may be two to eight weeks.. some where there. It has a tendency to visit you again if it likes your BODY too much.

Well, it has been four weeks now.  It really gets on to your nerves- from the back of your thighs to all the way down.  It bites, squeezes, pinches, chews, gnaws, shakes, rattles, even numbs you until you cry, reach for more pain killers and then fall asleep.

You can't sit, you may barely walk and stand.  But you may lie on your tummy and write rubbish like I am doing now, or lie on your back with your feet propped up on a pillow and day dream.

Things are worse now than it was a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, I remember that I had a craft show.  Would I be able to make it?  Well it will take me at least three hours in the morning to get ready to be presentable in walking condition.  Mornings are the worst time when you wake up and have to go to the bathroom.  You would rather crawl than stand on your own feet!

Couple of nights before the show I came across a blog where the author was describing one of his first craft shows.  Sorry, I forgot the link now.  It was an out door show.  The day was gloomy, at one time  the sky showed its angry colors and roared every now and then.  The wind demonstrated its powers.   No buyers came.  The vendors started taking down their tents.  It was still three o clock, still two hours left before the closing.

Our  jewelry artist author, a starving artist then ( a very successful one now) stayed put.  It was his principle to  keep his promise.  To serve until the end.  He was just starting to establish his work ethics.

Around 4:50 a miracle happened.  An elderly lady with an umbrella showed up from no where.

"Good, at least some one is open.  I need to buy a bunch of gifts.  I am going to a family get together after twenty years.  Who knows if I'll see them again....Yes give me those earrings, yes six pairs for Jenny, Sally, Nina....and those bracelets -two will be fine for the two new brides and show me that necklace..."

Our staving artist made enough for his whole day's worth of waiting.

The article motivated me.  So I woke up at 5:30 in the morning next day ( very unusual for me , I am not an early bird person) and did everything I could- hot shower, massage chair, all the exercises I was taught, back and forth pacing in the hallway for twenty minutes so that I came to walking condition by eight thirty.  Yes, I forgot to mention.  I did a lot of praying.

My prayers were answered. I could make it till the end.  There were buyers in my stall. And most important- I overheard appreciation from unknown people, who did not know me and gave compliments to my work.  Now I know what people like even if they can not buy it that very moment.

I thank them with folded hands silently.  You have given me the push to move forward.  You have stretched your hands to let me stand when I need it most.



alankarshilpa said...

Thank you Sakti da. Your comment came right to my e mail box.

Wired 4 Style said...

Sorry to read of your pain. It is a real struggle to wake up to pain everyday. I can relate to your challenge. I deal with pain management, as well. As someone's blog inspired you, yours has inspired me..So we pass on the healing energy. :) Sending you many blessings,

Pretty Things said...

Oh I KNOW that pain! And I also get a pain in my top lumbar/first thoracic that just sends me reeling. I feel for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...