Sunday, September 13, 2009

Jewelry in Treasure Trunk


My friend Kathy and I had a Jewelry in Treasure Trunk sale last Saturday.

When we found out that we were too late to apply for the craft show in our community Kathy suggested why don't we just open our trunk on our drive way? I liked it and why don't we be just kind-a laid back (or lazy, shhh) and see what happens.

Well, for the first six hours nothing much really happened. I mean all the known neighbors even did not show up. I don't know where they went, because the bay bridge was closed for retrofitting any way.

Kathy and I decided we learned our lesson. Only two customers showed up and a little girl with a dad who purged everything he had in his pocket but he had only very limited money.

Then around quarter to five a lady zoomed in from no where, "Wow, this is great, I saw just like this in Nord Strom,... this is even better... your price is great..."

We assured her that since we did not make it to the craft show and did not have to pay for the booth fees we decided to pass on that savings to the buyers.

She started piling earrings and necklaces in one area. I thought she'd make a selection from them but no, she bought them all. We packed them all in nice organza gift bags. She said she is done with her Christmas shopping.

We were very happy. She made our day. We are thinking if we should give another treasure trunk sale on our driveway again!


Do you have an experience lately selling your jewelry? I'd love to hear that and share. Please do leave a comment. Thank you. Dita.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi alankarshilpa, you too made my day. I was a bit surprised to get a comment for my older post. Reading this post I can imagine the excitement and fun you two must have had. Keep peeping in.
bye
rekha

Daisy Soap Girl said...

Great ingenuity. You will go far in your business. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Rena Klingenberg said...

What a great story! Good to have a friend with you to share the adventure and keep you going throughout the day. Did you get the email or snail-mail address of the wonderful last-minute customer, so you can let her know about your future events? She sounds like she'd love to be a regular customer!

Rena Klingenberg said...

What a great story! Good to have a friend with you to share the adventure and keep you going throughout the day. Did you get the email or snail-mail address of the wonderful last-minute customer, so you can let her know about your future events? She sounds like she'd love to be a regular customer!

Veganosaurus said...

Wow what fun! Congratulations on the sales! :)

Goes to show that being laid back pays off in the long run! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...